Top 10 Bacterial Infections
Posted on December 20, 2010
You wake up in the morning, eat breakfast, drive your car to work, walk up the stairs to your office, shake hands with employees, and all the while you have not thought once, about the deadliest item surrounding your day; bacteria. Bacteria is a microscopic organism that floats through the air, lives on intimate objects, and thrives on the scientific make up of your body. Throughout time bacteria has caused infections that have plagued all individuals, but no infection has destroyed the very fabric of our livelihood like the following ten…
1. Anthrax: This disease garnered notoriety through the most recent “war on terror” This bacterial infection releases toxins in the blood stream, while dissecting your immune system. Anthrax has been known to cause severe cases of illness and in several cases, death.
2. Pneumonia: As a bacterial infection, pneumonia is a disease that preys on vulnerable immune systems. If an individual gets pneumonia he/she may fight it off with the proper medicine, but if the individual suffers from a weak immune system is may cause death. Although the symptoms may seem like a severe flu, it is much more serious than that.
3. Legionaries Disease: The bacterial infection of Legionaries Disease, survive in wet environments. The infection will cause symptoms similar to the flu, but if not taken care of early, can cause renal disease.
4. Tuberculosis: Better known as TBC, Tuberculosis, has been around since as long as humankind. One third of individuals carry the bacterial infection, but only a few will suffer from severe shaking, loss in weight, coughing, and bloody expectoration.
5. Gonorrhea: Nowadays, known as an Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) or a Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI), gonorrhea has been an infection that has plagued several generations of people. This bacterial infection produces reddening in genitalia, inflammation in the genitals, irritation in the urethra in men, and the uterus in women.
6. Syphliss: This bacterial infection is the most severe sexually transmitted disease out of all of them. This disease has been known to lead to lesions, skin eruptions, hair loss, and even death.
7. The Black Plague: Although the most recent generation has not seen the effects of this bacterial infection, it is known as one of the most horrific infections. This infection began with rats, traveling to other animals, then to domestic animals, and eventually to humans wiping out over 100 millions people.
8. Cholera: The bacterial infection of Cholera is transmitted through infected feces. This unnerving infection leads to dehydration and constant diarrhea.
9. Typhiod: Typhiod is a bacterial infection that is repersented in contaminated foods and liquids. This contamination can lead to constant headaches, diarrhea, and constipation. This infection must be treated immediattely in order to properly fight it. This infection alone has killed 20 million people since 1914.
10. Tetanus: Any open wound, abbrasion, or cut is a gateway for tetanus. This infection causes fever, pain, and spasms of the neck and jaw.
- THE IRON MAN (THE SCOTT RIGSBY STORY)
- HEALTHY INSPIRATION: CLAY MARZO
- PRACTICING YOGA AND RELIEVING STRESS
- WALK OFF BELLY FAT
- ACHIEVING AMAZING HEALTH AFTER 40
- DROP 10 POUNDS FAST
- 3 WAYS TO GET A SEXY BACK
- 6 WEEKS TO A 6 PACK
- COULD YOUR PET BE MAKING YOU SICK?
- HOW SHEDDING POUNDS CAN TURN YOUR LIFE AROUND
- 3 WAYS TO STRETCH AWAY STRESS
- TAKE A BREATHER!
OTHER HEALTH & WELLNESS ARTICLES
Tips to a Better Sleep
It is 2AM. I have spent the last few hours tossing and turning in my bed. It seems impossible to f [...]
Take A Breather!
“7…8…9…10″. Now, put down the barbell, and take a breather. It is one of the great physi [...]
How Shedding Pounds Can Turn Your Life Around
If your life is not what you want it to be, perhaps loosing weight is what you need in order to im [...]
Simple Ways to Lower Your Blood Pressure
High blood pressure is a typical sign of the ills of the lifestyle you have adopted till now. The [...]