Sweat Out Toxins Today!
Posted on December 20, 2010
Imagine standing in the middle of the Mojave Desert. It is about 105 degrees, with a 40% humidity. Now, begin working out. Sounds crazy, doesn’t it? Well that is the exact idea behind a growing fad, called; Bikram Yoga. Also known as, Hot Yoga, Bikram Yoga, has slowly established itself as the it way to get in shape.
1. History: Bikram Choudhury trained the Bishnu Ghosh school in Calcutta, India. At the Bishnu school, Bikram was able to obtain all of the perspectives and techniques to create Bakrim Yoga. Presently, Bikram lives in Beverly Hills, California and teaches at his self-founded Bikram’s Yoga College of India in Los Angeles. Bikram holds a copyright over Bikram Yoga, which forces any prospective instructors to go through a rigorous training program and certification process. The students are trained out of the Yoga College of India, which has branches in the United States an Japan. The College has trained over 3000 individuals. Bikram, currently owns over 500 yoga studios throughout the world.
2. Techniques: Bikram Yoga is a series of poses and breathing exercises, conducted in a room at 105 degrees (with a 40% humidity). This rigorous atmosphere allows the individual’s body to sweat out all of the toxins, while obtaining better flexibility. The actual yoga, itself, is comprised of 26 Asana (postures), such as, Tree Pose, Cobra Pose, Eagle Pose, and so on.
3. Ideology: The main ideology behind Bikram Yoga is to achieve wellness, restoration and rejuvenation within the body. Each pose was designed to systematically stimulate each muscle and joint. Bikram Yoga believes that individuals only use 50% of their true lung capacity; and through the heat it will enable a person to use more.
4. Possible Risks: Due to the overwhelming atmosphere, individuals are advised to consult their local physician before participating in Bikram Yoga. Even though an individual has been cleared, there are other risks involved. Dehydration, muscles strain, heat exhaustion, or a heat stroke can occur; so it is imperative to stretch and drink copious amounts of water.
- THE IRON MAN (THE SCOTT RIGSBY STORY)
- HEALTHY INSPIRATION: CLAY MARZO
- PRACTICING YOGA AND RELIEVING STRESS
- WALK OFF BELLY FAT
- ACHIEVING AMAZING HEALTH AFTER 40
- DROP 10 POUNDS FAST
- 3 WAYS TO GET A SEXY BACK
- 6 WEEKS TO A 6 PACK
- COULD YOUR PET BE MAKING YOU SICK?
- HOW SHEDDING POUNDS CAN TURN YOUR LIFE AROUND
- 3 WAYS TO STRETCH AWAY STRESS
- TAKE A BREATHER!
OTHER HEALTH & WELLNESS ARTICLES
Decreasing Stress in the Workplace
Stress and the workplace seem to go hand in hand. If you are employed right now during this reces [...]
Simple Ways to Lower Your Blood Pressure
High blood pressure is a typical sign of the ills of the lifestyle you have adopted till now. The [...]
3 Ways To Get A Sexy Back
People are working harder than ever to perfect their appearance. One key part of having a youthful [...]
Top 10 Bacterial Infections
You wake up in the morning, eat breakfast, drive your car to work, walk up the stairs to your offi [...]