Top Causes of Staph Infections
Posted on December 20, 2010
Although that small cut on your finger may seem minuscule, it is a portal for all bacteria. The most common disease causing bacteria is the Staphylococcus aureus, better known as Staph Infection. This infection can find its way into your body through several different avenues, in several different ways and it is extremely important to deal with it right away. Although most cases of the staph infection are cured, there have been instances of severe illness or even death. You may come in contact with the infection in a locker room at school or at a gym, on the wrestling mats at school, or even on the ground outside.
1. Contaminated objects: This common ground can be nullified through several different proactive actions. Always wash your clothes after every work out, this will rid your clothes of any potential bacteria. If you are active in your high school or college or even local sports team, make sure to rinse down all equipment after using. Bacteria thrives in a warm, unwashed area. And if you participate in hiking, biking, or running. Make sure to wash your shoes and change your socks on a consistent basis. It is a common thing to forget to wash you shoes, but with the amount of bacteria your shoes absorb, it is a must. Now that all the preemptive actions are clear, let’s lay out the ways in which it effects your body. The most contiminated object after sports is your body. The staph infection thrives in extreme temperatures and salt. Each of these can be remedied with a simple post game or post workout shower.
2. Skin-to-skin: Any individual that frequently comes in contact with several individuals should always take the right precautions. This situation occurs normally under the umbrella of sports, but it can happen anywhere. If any individual touches the area of the infected wound, they may retain the infection themselves. If you in fact, have a wound, cut, or abrasion, it must be covered at all times.
3. Roomates: A common occurence of spreading this infection in individual’s who share a different items while living together. Although generosity may seem tempting, make sure that each roomate has his/her items within the house or apartment. The infection is so strong that if once it is set on an inatimate object, it remains till the next individual unknowingly picks it up.
4. Shower: Several people that carry the bacteria for a possible staph infection never actually get it. This anonymous carrier syndrome lulls people into a state of ignorance. Just because you do not have any clear signs of infection, does not mean you are not carrying it. The best possible preemptive action is to shower daily. Each time an individual showers, he/she rids his body of any free form bacterias.
- THE IRON MAN (THE SCOTT RIGSBY STORY)
- HEALTHY INSPIRATION: CLAY MARZO
- PRACTICING YOGA AND RELIEVING STRESS
- WALK OFF BELLY FAT
- ACHIEVING AMAZING HEALTH AFTER 40
- DROP 10 POUNDS FAST
- 3 WAYS TO GET A SEXY BACK
- 6 WEEKS TO A 6 PACK
- COULD YOUR PET BE MAKING YOU SICK?
- HOW SHEDDING POUNDS CAN TURN YOUR LIFE AROUND
- 3 WAYS TO STRETCH AWAY STRESS
- TAKE A BREATHER!
OTHER HEALTH & WELLNESS ARTICLES
Walk off Belly Fat
Bothered by that stubborn belly fat that just won’t seem to go away no matter what you do? Have [...]
Want a Baby Someday? Tips for Boosting Your Odds
If you want a baby someday but are putting off getting pregnant, did you know that you could be ri [...]
Drop 10 Pounds Fast
Have you come to the point where you look at yourself in the mirror and don’t know what exactly [...]
Take A Breather!
“7…8…9…10″. Now, put down the barbell, and take a breather. It is one of the great physi [...]