Post-Partum Depression (PPD)
Posted on December 20, 2010
The maternity ward is one of the only places, where an individual can witness a miracle. Eager faces press up a against the glass, in order to catch a glimpse at the beautiful brand new babies. Unfortunately, not all is beautiful. 10%-15% of women suffer from postpartum depression. This profound disorder, emotionally disables women after pregnancy, to episodes of any of the following symptoms: irritatated, fatigue, emptiness, low-self esteem, guilt, hopelessness, social anxiety, social withdrawal, impaired speech, anger, or decreased sex drive. It is theorized that these symptoms are the cause of an intimate relationship or bond, being severed after the birth. This disorder can not only lead to any of the previously mentioned, but to an inadequate feeling for their care of the child. There are several different causes or risk factors to postpartum depression, such as, prenatal anxiety, formula rather than breast feeding, single parent, or unplanned pregnancy. In order to prevent PPD, there are several organic methods:
1. Omega 3 Fatty Acids: Omega 3 is essential in the development of the child’s brain, within the mother’s stomach. The best natural sources of Omega 3 is grass fed meat or chicken; eggs, as well as certain fish. If any individual is allergic to the previously mentioned sources, there are Omega 3 pills.
2. Protein: Any individual’s diet should consist of protein, but any pregnant mother, should eat protein; in order to sufficiently nourish the child. Protein can be found in eggs, meat, and cheeses.
3. Vitamins: It is difficult to eat or drink, the recommended amount of daily vitamins. In order to properly ingest this specific amount, a pregnant women should take daily vitamins.
4. Appetite: A pregnant women is not only eating for herself any more, so if the women is experiencing a loss in appetite, she should contact a doctor immediately.
5. Hydration: Water is the cornerstone to any nutritious diet. It is recommended that any pregnant woman, drink at least eight 8 ounce glasses of water a day. This practice will properly hydrate, while flushing out all of the body’s waste.
- THE IRON MAN (THE SCOTT RIGSBY STORY)
- HEALTHY INSPIRATION: CLAY MARZO
- PRACTICING YOGA AND RELIEVING STRESS
- WALK OFF BELLY FAT
- ACHIEVING AMAZING HEALTH AFTER 40
- DROP 10 POUNDS FAST
- 3 WAYS TO GET A SEXY BACK
- 6 WEEKS TO A 6 PACK
- COULD YOUR PET BE MAKING YOU SICK?
- HOW SHEDDING POUNDS CAN TURN YOUR LIFE AROUND
- 3 WAYS TO STRETCH AWAY STRESS
- TAKE A BREATHER!
OTHER HEALTH & WELLNESS ARTICLES
Achieving Amazing Health After 40
Feel like you’re climbing over the hill and so is your body? Not to fret, there are tons of thin [...]
Top 10 Bacterial Infections
You wake up in the morning, eat breakfast, drive your car to work, walk up the stairs to your offi [...]
6 Weeks To A 6 Pack
One of the things that every man wants is 6 pack abs. This gives a man a chiseled physique that is [...]
Could Your Pet Be Making You Sick?
While you may love your pets, there are chances that your health can be suffering due to allergies [...]