Foods That Relieve Stress
Posted on December 20, 2010
In this day in age it is difficult not to be stressed out. Unemployment, economic crisis, health care bill, the war – and that is not even skimming your personal issues. Life can be tough. Allow us to show you a few foods to make it easier.
1. Almonds: This little snack packs a healthy punch with B2 (riboflavin), vitamin E, magnesium, and zinc. The actual hormone, serotonin, which balance mood and stress, is in almonds. Vitamin E is an antioxidant, which can enhance an individual’s immune system, while zinc has been shown to fight negative effects of stress. However, this snack should only be consumed in small portions, because it is high in fat.
2. Fish: Along with being a main source of Omega 3, Fish, is also filled with vitamin B-12. This vitamin has the most important involvement in producing serotonin. Serotonin aids in the balance of an individual’s emotional level.
3. Broccoli: This vegetable is stocked full of B vitamins. Broccoli also contains folic acid; aids in stress relief, anxiety, panic, depression, and other emotional disorders.
4. Whole-Grain Rice or Pasta: Whole grain is not a hidden secret any more. Restaurants noticed the popular rise of whole-grain, by adding them as feature items to their menus; delis now feature whole grains, and even pizzerias offer whole-grain pizza pies. Complex carbohydrates take longer to digest, which gives the brain the sensation of fullness; in other words, happy.
5. Sushi: Aside from the previous benefits described in the fish region, sushi holds several other stress reliving properties. The seaweed maki has been known to have anti-anxiety properties. The seaweed itself, is comprised of magnesium, vitamin B2, and pantothenic acid. This acid contributes to the health of adrenal glands, which perform a vital part in stress management.
6. Milk: Milk can supply the human body with vitamins B2 and B12. Aside from these, milk also contains antioxidants which help enhance the immune system and fight free radicals.
7. Cottage Cheese: This light snack is packed with vitamins B2 and B12. For a healthy, midday snack spread some cottage cheese on whole grain cracker.
8. Beef: Out of any products on the list, beef may be the most unhealthy, but it is still comprised of some essential nutrients. Beef offers the human body a great portion of vitamin B, zinc, and iron.
9. Cantaloupe: Vitamin C, which is found in Cantaloupe, is crucial component of fighting stress in the human body. Take slices of cantaloupe and add it to a small bowl of cottage cheese for a healthy snack.
10. Blueberries: For such a small piece of food, blueberries are compounded with antioxidants and vitamin C, which aid in the balance of stress.
- THE IRON MAN (THE SCOTT RIGSBY STORY)
- HEALTHY INSPIRATION: CLAY MARZO
- PRACTICING YOGA AND RELIEVING STRESS
- WALK OFF BELLY FAT
- ACHIEVING AMAZING HEALTH AFTER 40
- DROP 10 POUNDS FAST
- 3 WAYS TO GET A SEXY BACK
- 6 WEEKS TO A 6 PACK
- COULD YOUR PET BE MAKING YOU SICK?
- HOW SHEDDING POUNDS CAN TURN YOUR LIFE AROUND
- 3 WAYS TO STRETCH AWAY STRESS
- TAKE A BREATHER!
OTHER HEALTH & WELLNESS ARTICLES
Sweat Out Toxins Today!
Imagine standing in the middle of the Mojave Desert. It is about 105 degrees, with a 40% humidity. [...]
Early one morning, in 1991, Michael J. Fox woke up with a slight twitch in his left hand. Seven ye [...]
3 Face Washing Tips to Get Younger Looking Skin
Everyone wants young skin or at least, the appearance of young skin. Did you know that the proper [...]
6 Weeks To A 6 Pack
One of the things that every man wants is 6 pack abs. This gives a man a chiseled physique that is [...]