3 Ways To Stretch Away Stress
Posted on December 20, 2010
You probably know that exercise can be good stress help but did you know that stretching can also help alleviate stress? Stretching is one way that you can get rid of stress in your body as well as your mind. Instead of reaching for medication for anxiety and stress, you should try an exercise routine that involves stretching.
Many people today complain about being under stress and are seeking stress help. Those who go to the doctor because of stress are often prescribed anti-anxiety medications that help to relax them. Stress help, however, does not have to come from a bottle. It does not even have to come from a doctor. You can eliminate harmful stress by doing a series of stretching exercises.
1. Pilates: Pilates is one type of exercise that involves concentrated stretching. It has been used for nearly 100 years and is the exercise that is used most often by trained dancers. In addition to being useful for toning up muscles and helping people lose weight, Pilates stretching can also help to reduce stress. Many people seek stress help by using this very popular exercise form.
2. Yoga: In addition to Pilates, stress help can also come from Yoga. Yoga also involves a series of stretching movements. By concentrating on these stretching movements, you can get stress help right away. Many people swear by Yoga as one of the most effective forms of stress help. Yoga is not difficult to perform and the series of stretching moves that you use in Yoga can be built up over a period of time. You can get started in Yoga by joining a beginner Yoga class near you.
3. Stretching Movements: Stretching is one of the most effective ways that you can get stress help for your body. One of the best aspects about stretching is that unlike cardiovascular exercises, stretching does not cause your heart rate to increase. You can actually use stretching movements to relax yourself. You can try some stretching movements at home, before you go to bed, to see if you sleep better and get the stress help that you need before you are ready to go to bed.
If you need stress help, do not assume that you need to take medication for the problem. You can often get the same results if you use natural remedies for stress and anxiety and also help your body at the same time. Whereas medication has side effects that can be harmful to your health, stretching and doing exercises are actually beneficial to your health. You can put both your mind as well as your body in good order when you start using physical activity such as stretching as a form of stress help.
For centuries, Yoga has been used as healing remedy. Today, people use the stretching techniques that are taught in Yoga as a way to deal with stress in everyday life. If you are experiencing stress and want to get stress help, you should consider taking stretching classes or practice stretching as a way to alleviate the symptoms that are related to this condition.
- THE IRON MAN (THE SCOTT RIGSBY STORY)
- HEALTHY INSPIRATION: CLAY MARZO
- PRACTICING YOGA AND RELIEVING STRESS
- WALK OFF BELLY FAT
- ACHIEVING AMAZING HEALTH AFTER 40
- DROP 10 POUNDS FAST
- 3 WAYS TO GET A SEXY BACK
- 6 WEEKS TO A 6 PACK
- COULD YOUR PET BE MAKING YOU SICK?
- HOW SHEDDING POUNDS CAN TURN YOUR LIFE AROUND
- TAKE A BREATHER!
- SWEAT OUT TOXINS TODAY!
OTHER HEALTH & WELLNESS ARTICLES
Are You At Risk for Heart Disease?
There are a variety of factors that predispose you to heart disease. Your family history forms the [...]
How Shedding Pounds Can Turn Your Life Around
If your life is not what you want it to be, perhaps loosing weight is what you need in order to im [...]
Practicing Yoga and Relieving Stress
How many people out there actually love getting their butts out of that bed in the morning to go f [...]
Get Your Kids to Eat Healthy Without Them Knowing
With all of the garbage that people are consuming on a day to day basis, it’s become quite diffi [...]